Monday, July 7, 2008

Excerpts from "How Fast Can God's Computer Add?"

God made man in his image. Since Man is not great at doing math in its head (at least compared to a computer), it stands to reason that God needs a computer to do the really complicated problems. "I mean," God says, "I have all this hydrogen and oxygen, but I don't want to use it all if I don't have to." So he gets God's own computer, runs a doomsday scenario, knows just how much to mix, and saves a little for the next time he needs to destroy the Earth.* So God really needs a nice computer, although I guess he can wait if he needs to. Maybe he outsources it to another universe where they have grid computing. Either way, it is one really nice computer, and could host a huge Halo deathmatch.

* It stands to reason that it is much easier to store gasses then liquids in heaven. Which brings up the question, do angels drink steam instead of liquid water?

No comments:

Post a Comment