Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bloggers Versus the Em Es Em

This is the most worthless thing I've ever written in my life (and that's saying something), but here goes. In a way me writing this (at least if I put in a few dick jokes, and hurl a few insults) completely validates Old Journalism critiques of New Media and blogs. I've never blogged before in my life, my only experience with bloggers comes from reading their blogs and leaving the occasional comment (although I'm an unknown in the blogosphere), and I'm just writing this sentence to see how many times I can get the word letters "b", "l", "o", and "g" consecutively in one sentence (blog, blog, blog). I have no credentials whatsoever. There is really no reason to care what I think.

I don't care at all about these little fights between bloggers and journalists. The journalists actually annoy me less, because unless a blogger brings my attention to it, I almost never hear what they have to say. Everyone just needs to shut the fuck up! You're all full of shit, journalists for their opinions on bloggers, and bloggers for their need to respond to journalists. If I'm reading your blog, I probably agree with everything you say on the subject. So stop talking about it! Any new readers aren't going to be convinced, because the posts that are written on this subject are so tedious or offensive to them that they'll never finish them! (That last part is all speculation of course. How would I know if they'd ever read them all? See, journalists, just put that last sentence in front of everything you read on the Internet. Then maybe you can lower you're blood pressure medication.) If what you're doing actually had no worth, nobody would be reading it. Since people are obviously reading it, stop being so insecure. Yes, the journalists arguments are stupid. No you don't have to keep telling me about it. Just ignore them! And grandpas, if your still listening, you guys do great work. Some of it's irreplaceable. Some of it isn't, especially opinion, and you're just going to have to get over that.

Hopefully I got this all out of my system and will never feel compelled to write about it again (and hopefully never again use "MSM," "New Media," "Old Journalism," or "blogosphere." I'm not even going to put that shit into my spell check).

No comments:

Post a Comment